Our Customer Service Charter outlines your rights, how you will be treated and what you can expect from us as your service provider. It also sets out your responsibilities and how you can give us feedback on any aspect of our service. You will be made aware of this Charter when you start your services, either in hard copy or online.
Interchange is a registered NDIS provider supporting Western Australians living with disability to achieve their goals and live fulfilling lives through individualised, local, community-based support. Our organisation is committed to ensure that the people we support have the opportunity to participate in activities that enable them to enhance, fulfil and demonstrate a valued role in their community. For 30 years we have been putting people at the centre of everything we do.
Our belief is we all belong. We are all peas from the same pod!
Working together we focus on your interests, personal goals and what you need from us. We know there is no one size fits all – age, gender, culture, heritage, language, faith, sexual identity, relationship status – at Interchange we celebrate our differences and work with you to create services that are individually tailored to your strengths, needs and preferences.
Our aim is to remove barriers and encourage active choice and decision making. After all, this is all about you. Your life, your choices, your way. We believe disability is caused by the way that society is organised, rather than a person’s impairment or difference. We subscribe to a social model, designed to remove barriers. Our staff don’t wear uniforms to encourage people in the community to see the person first, rather than their disability.
Our Neighbourhoods are founded on real connections and meaningful relationships within your community. With Support Teams from Two Rocks to Pinjarra, we can work together with the people you trust – family, friends and other NDIS supports, on building a whole support network around you.
Our supports at Interchange are mainly one on one, but we can also provide small group supports with others who have similar interests.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm with services operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aim to provide flexible services at times to suit your needs including evenings and weekends and can provide 24/7 support when required.
What you can expect from us
Interchange is committed to:
- Treating you with respect at all times.
- Treating you fairly and without discrimination.
- Informing you of your rights and responsibilities.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment within the service.
- Respecting your privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensuring you don’t face physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse.
- Protecting your personal information and only use it for the right reasons.
- Involving you in decisions about the services you access and support you to have a say.
- Supporting you to connect with other services if needed.
- Informing you on how to provide us with feedback on our service and how to make a complaint.
- Ensuring your complaints are dealt with fairly and promptly.
- Assisting you in accessing information that we have about you.
- Assisting you to appeal decisions made about you and your service if you wish to and to have this appeal dealt with fairly.
How you can help us
You can help us provide a quality service that meets your individual needs, if you or your support person:
- Provide us with complete and accurate information about your situation.
- Tell us if things change and/or you cannot keep an appointment or commitment.
- Act respectfully and safely towards staff, volunteers and other people using our service.
- Provide us with feedback about our service and how we can improve. Tell us when things are going well with your service as well as when they may not be.
- Assist us with developing policies and procedures that impact the service we deliver to you.
How you can provide feedback
We strive to provide the best support possible and want to make sure we get it right. The most important feedback is when it comes from you.
If you would like to give us some feedback please:
- Read our Feedback and Complaints Policy
- Inform a staff member and/or ask for a Feedback Form
- Ask us for a form at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give us a call on 9329 9399
- Download the Feedback Form
- Complete the form on our website
We will be regularly asking for your feedback as part of our customer reviews and to participate in our customer surveys.
How we manage complaints
At Interchange we take complaints very seriously and welcome them as an opportunity to improve the services we provide. We want to resolve complaints openly, honestly and quickly. We are committed to:
- Take immediate action if it appears that there is a high risk of harm, neglect or abuse.
- Contact you within two business days of acknowledgement.
- Resolve 90% of complaints within 21 business days of receipt. More complex complaints may take longer to address.
- Keep you informed about the progress of your complaint.
- We will make contact with you or your advocate about your complaint and may seek more information to help us better understand it.
If you would like assistance to make a complaint or with any other support Interchange can link you to translation, advocacy, or other support services required. It is important to us to help you access advocacy that promotes, protects, and ensures your full and equal access to your rights.
Please let us know if you need our help. Alternatively, you can also access advocacy support through independent organisations. Find out more about how to make a complaint in our complaints section
How you can participate in your services
We encourage the people we support to participate in, and exercise choice over service decisions. We will ensure you are aware of and understand the services we provide. We are committed to supporting customers to make choices and participate in decisions by using interpreters, advocates, written materials in a variety of community languages, and culturally appropriate service strategies, where needed.
Get in touch
T: (08) 9329 9399