At Interchange, we understand that there may be times that you need some help or support from someone other than an Interchange member. An Advocate is someone that can help you. This help might include making a complaint or giving feedback to your service provider. ‘Getting help from an Advocate’ Easy Read Format.
The Disability Advocacy Finder is a tool made available by the Department of Social Services (DSS) for the purposes of listing the contact details and locations of disability advocacy agencies.
The National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP) provides people with disability with access to effective disability advocacy that promotes, protects and ensures their full and equal enjoyment of all human rights enabling community participation.
More Advocacy Agencies:
- Advocacy WA
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Midland Information Debt & Legal Advocacy Service
- Mental Health Advocacy Service
- Ombudsman WA
- Health and Disability Services Complaints Office
- People With Disability Australia
- People With Disabilities WA
- Kin – Disability Advocacy for Diverse Communities
- Carers WA
- Office of the Public Advocate
- Transitional and Interpreting Service (TIS National)