Dear Valued Customers,
in these times of uncertainty we want to reassure you that Interchange will continue to provide essential services and support to people living with disabilities. However the Australian Federal Government announced a ban on nonessential travel and the enforced closure of restaurants, cafes, gyms, places of worship and other social gathering areas from Monday 23rd 12pm.
Our ability to continue to provide services is subject to change due to the decisions of the Australian and West Australian Government and strategies they have put in place to manage the COVID-19 risks. The NDIS has also provided us guidance on how they are providing funding certainty for participants. You can read more about it on the NDIS website.
We are following the regulations of the Australia Govt, Department of Health and WA’s Health Department. To protect your health and to minimize the chances of spreading the virus, Interchange has put several measures into place to keep you, our staff and the community safe and healthy. Your wellbeing is our top priority.
- We are practising social distancing. This means there are no group supports or activities within the community at this time.
- Supports are given on a 1:1 ratio at home or in open areas such as local parks, as long as social distancing protocols can be maintained.
- We are looking into the possibilities of distance support opportunities.
- We invite you to call us if you have questions or would like to access in home, domestic or individualised supports that meet your needs and government guidelines.
- We also welcome your ideas regarding the types of services you want from us or feedback on how we can improve our supports.
We strive to provide you with timely and accurate updates as we receive information and set up a COVID-19 page on our website that contains links to important updates and resources. We will continue to watch and monitor the situation and will keep you updated.
Many people are understandably anxious and concerned but please know that Interchange and our staff are committed to ensure that people with disability continue to have access to the support they need from us. We continue to have valued and trained staff available to provide essential services.
Thank you for your understanding and please let your team leader know if you have any question, visit https://www.interchangewa.org.au/covid-19-updates/, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9329 9399.
Stay safe and healthy!
Justin O’Meara Smith
Chief Executive Officer
Please find a PDF Version of this letter here Coronavirus_Customer Letter_by CEO Justin O’Meara Smith