As you will have seen from the WA Premier’s news updates the three-day lockdown for Perth and Peel has ended as planned at midnight but a number of restrictions will remain in place for the next four days.
What does this mean for your support services?
We continue to provide services but some of your supports might look a bit different than usual. We will be following government restrictions and therefore may be required to change your usual activities. Your Support Workers will be required to wear masks at all times, observe physical distancing and practice good hygiene.
Please be aware the following interim restrictions will apply during the post-lockdown transition period.
- 20-person limit in all homes and private indoor and outdoor gatherings;
- 4sqm capacity rule and 20 patron limit for cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs – for seated food and drink service only;
- 4sqm capacity rule and 20 patron limit for beauty salons, hairdressers and barbers;
- recreation centres, outdoor playgrounds, museums, swimming pools, entertainment venues and places of worships can open with the 4sqm capacity rule and 20 patron limit;
- fitness clubs, gyms, casinos and nightclubs remain closed;
- no visitors to aged and disability facilities and hospitals, except for compassionate reasons and advocacy;
- weddings and funerals can proceed with up to 100 guests with an exemption and a COVID-Event plan in place;
- professional and community sports, including training, allowed but without spectators;
- schools, childcare centres and TAFEs will open with masks mandatory for school staff and secondary students; and
- universities can open for online learning only.
For more information and the full list of restrictions visit WA Government website.